General Soft Tissue and Orthopedic Surgery
Your pet may require surgery for various reasons and our team at Breckenridge Animal Hospital is highly skilled in many surgical procedures. Some of the surgical procedures our staff is experienced in performing include:
- Routine spays and neuters
- Mass removal
- Abdominal procedures for removal of the spleen, foreign objects in the digestive tract, to removal of bladder stones, and many others.
- Routine orthopedic surgeries such as Luxating Patella Repair and Lateral Suture Repair for Cranial Cruciate Ligament tears.
Whether your pet is ready for an elective procedure such as a spay or neuter or in need of more immediate surgical care, our doctors and staff will discuss the surgical procedure, review blood work prior to anesthesia, and develop a recovery plan for you and your pet. Our highly skilled surgical team uses the safest anesthesia and state-of-the-art monitoring to care for your pet during surgery. After surgery, your pet will recover in our ICU/Patient treatment area where they will be monitored and pampered until ready to return home with you.
Breckenridge Animal Hospital believes that no pet should undergo any surgery without the benefit of pain relief or individual attention to their unique needs.
Your pet will receive all of the following:
- Safe anesthetic agents chosen for your pet's breed, age, and health status
- Anesthetic monitoring of heart rate, EKG, respiratory rate, oxygen saturation, and blood pressure
- IV catheter (and fluids if you opt to provide those for your pet)
- Sterile surgical supplies, suture material, and surgical staples (when needed)
- Age and breed appropriate pain relief medication
- An individual "bed" in our recovery area
We recommend a variety of options to make your pet as safe as possible. They include: pre-anesthetic blood work, age/breed specific diagnostics (EKG screening of the heart), IV fluids, and pain medications to go home.